Thursday, December 10, 2009

Why do a reflection on an english pape, when I can reflect my life

So... it's 1:22 in the morning and today has been a very hectic day. I have this huge English essay due tomorrow and of course i just finished it!.... or thought I did. God damn it. I have to right a reflection on this paper. How bout i write " I bullshitted this whole essay" and we call it a day. Oh no, but their are guidelines to this reflection and I'm not exactly sure if that statement for fills the requirement so, lets take a look at what's needed.

In a few paragraphs, reflect on your paper by addressing the following questions:
1. What was it like to write this paper? Explain the difficulties you had along the way.
2. What are the strengths of your paper?
3. What are the weaknesses?
4. What specifically did you revise along the way?

Well that's not fun, and I'll never get it done anyways so how bout I write a reflection as though I'm talking about the book written about my life. A reflection about my life and the process of getting there. I think this is a pretty good idea. Of course I won't hand this in but it'll keep me bussy for a while.

My life isn't finished yet, it's more of a work in progress. I'm still in my rough draft stage of my life. I know I'm going to make mistakes and I still have time before I need to hand in my final, so why not just write without back spacing or correcting. It's when your truest self comes out. Mistakes are inevitable, so embrace them, remember them, learn from them and the next time you stumble upon it, thank the lord that it happened. I don't know whether I can say writing my life story was a good or bad experience but it was, and still is difficult. No one said life was going to be easy but there will always be other "writers" that make their stories seem so good and make you even doubt if you should continue writing your book, that once meant so much to you. But eventually you'll get past your writers block and that's when your greatest writing will come. Difficulties writing my life story? My publisher decided to sponsor another book, my printer ran out of inc and stopped working, my computer erased all my work, but hey, I'm still writing aren't i? Difficulties aren't problems, their challenges you put upon yourself to test your own strength. The people that helped me write my story are even more important than the book it's self because without those people, their would be no pages with no writing. Everything my book is today, is because of the people that found me a new publisher, let me use their printer, spent hours with me relocating the files on my computer , then buying me a new computer so this never happened again. You can only thank the author so much for a good story when the characters in the book are really the amazing ones. Although my book is very interesting, it's very inconsistent. It has unorganized thoughts, grammar and spelling mistakes, maybe even missing some pages but non of that worries me because when I get everything organized, I know my book will be amazing. For a long time, I worried about the pictures going in my book, the color of the font, what the cover would look like, what size font i would use but along the way i realized that what happens if someone picks up on book in a store and realizes that the book is missing so much, so, I started to build up the context and it's been working for me so far.


There's a lot of analogies going on... hopefully they make sense. I could just be really over tiered right now and have no idea what I'm saying. Wonderfull! :]

1 comment:

  1. You write really really well - keep this up, it is a key to your life I think.

    ReplyDelete