Sunday, November 8, 2009

STACom... I was born with a little stac in me ;)

What has stac done for me? Well, after coming out of stac everyday, I can say that walking through the hallways and outside is like one big trip. You honestly feel like your on some crazy drug and your having some sort of weird high. Colors are popping out, things you've never seen before, you start to notice, things you thought you knew so well (trees consist of two colors; green and brown) start to get questioned, movies you thought were your ALL TIME FAVORITES, don't seem as good anymore. Every day at stac, I wish I had a notebook with me to write down some of the things that are said. I keep forgetting but I will remember to get one sooner or later so I can just write down things that are said that move me so much. Not only has this class helped me change as a person but the people in it are absolutely amazing. Everyone is learning and changing together. They help you think in ways you've never thought you could. One reason I love stac so much is because it questions what I think every time I'm there. Luke always has something witty to say that makes me rethink everything I've ever thought. Sometimes it's even overwhelming when we're talking about something big because my head raises with all these thoughts and those thoughts question my thinking and my thinking is changing every second and it's one person after another saying something so meaningful and my brain constantly has to play catch up. I cannot count how many times I've learned a weird fact and then gone around telling every person I know what I've learned. My friends constantly ask me what i did in stac today because every time they ask, I always have something interesting to say. One thing I regret is not keeping up with my blogs. I don't even know why I stopped blogging because I loved it in the beginning and I always have so much to say about something so I guess I have to get my train back on track and keep up with these blogs. I love reading them all the time though. Stac also helps you realize things that were collecting dust in the back of your head waiting for you to realize what was actually going on. The things that are said in peoples blogs, you read them and you’re like HEY, I THOUGHT THAT TOO! but you never really realized you thought it. It's hard to explain like it skimmed through your mind but you never actually acknowledged it. Stac basically helps you figure out who you are. You are who you are but you never really think about it because you're too busy trying to figure out other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment